In this collection of essays, interviews, and speeches, the renowned activist examines today's issues—from Black Lives Matter to prison abolition and more.
Activist and scholar Angela Y. Davis has been a tireless fighter against oppression for decades. Now, the iconic author of Women, Race, and Class offers her latest insights into the struggles against state violence and oppression throughout history and around the world.
Reflecting on the importance of black feminism, intersectionality, and prison abolitionism, Davis discusses the legacies of previous liberation struggles, from the Black Freedom Movement to the South African anti-Apartheid movement. She highlights connections and analyzes today's struggles against state terror, from Ferguson to Palestine.
Facing a world of outrageous injustice, Davis challenges us to imagine and build a movement for human liberation. And in doing so, she reminds us that "freedom is a constant struggle."
This edition of Freedom Is a Constant Struggle includes a foreword by Dr. Cornel West and an introduction by Frank Barat.
- New eBooks
- Covers We Love!
- Hauntings and Homecomings
- Scream Queens: Horror Written by Female Authors
- Swoon Worthy Rom Coms
- Clean Reads
- Looking for a Book Club Read?
- Oprah's Book Club
- HTX Local Author Spotlight
- See all
- Just Added Fiction - Audiobooks
- AudioFile Earphones Awards 2019 Cumulative List
- True Crime Chillers
- Cozy Whodunits
- Trip the Sound Fantastic
- Love in the Time of Social Distancing
- Tales for the Whole Family
- Learn a New Language!
- New audiobook additions
- Time After Time
- See all
- New video additions
- Just Added Videos
- Fitness Protection
- Western Movies Worth the Ride Over
- The Great Courses - New Titles!
- Science Fiction and Fantasy Films
- Reality TV
- TV Binge Time!
- New kids additions
- See all