A Kirkus Best Book of 2019
A 2021 YALSA Best Fiction for Young Adults Book
Nadine Jolie Courtney's All-American Muslim Girl is a relevant, relatable story of being caught between two worlds, and the struggles and hard-won joys of finding your place.
Allie Abraham has it all going for her—she's a straight-A student, with good friends and a close-knit family, and she's dating popular, sweet Wells Henderson. One problem: Wells's father is Jack Henderson, America's most famous conservative shock jock, and Allie hasn't told Wells that her family is Muslim. It's not like Allie's religion is a secret. It's just that her parents don't practice, and raised her to keep it to herself.
But as Allie witnesses Islamophobia in her small town and across the nation, she decides to embrace her faith—study, practice it, and even face misunderstanding for it. Who is Allie, if she sheds the façade of the "perfect" all-American girl?
- New eBooks
- National Funeral Directors and Mortician Recognition
- Black & Queer & Here!
- Save a Horse
- Black Detectives, Private Investigators, and Action Heroes
- Real Horror: True Crime Stories
- Hispanic and Latinx Mysteries and Thrillers
- Hispanic and Latinx Science Fiction and Fantasy
- All Star Fiction
- Cozy Mysteries by Black Authors
- Just One More Chapter ...
- Destination Thrillers
- See all
- Just Added Fiction - Audiobooks
- Heard Up That Cowboy Romance!
- All Star Listens
- Nonfiction Listens That Reaches for the Stars
- Survival and Adventure
- Love Is Love
- Travelling Through Time
- Learn a New Language!
- New audiobook additions
- Just Added - eAudio
- See all